If I had a boy, I would have named him Justin. Dunno why. Just think that's a macho name.
If I had a girl, I would have named her Brielle. Unless, of course, my new last name was Brielle. That would have been stupid. I would have named her something else then.
Hey Channel 8: When did Facebook become a news source?
I need to cut my toenails.
I bought these new face wipes. They stink like ass. Well, not literally ass. But close enough.
Music I'm digging at the moment:
-- Alanis Morissette (old stuff...that chick is way underrated). Simple Together is like on
permanent repeat in my Ipod. Haunting. Genius.
-- BnL - I kind of burned out on them a while ago. But every once in a while, you gotta circle back
and re-appreciate them. Break Your Heart breaks mine every time. Yeah, you know who you
are.
--Led Zeppelin. Love these guys. Are they new?
--Jewel - Apparently I'm into "thoughtful yet somewhat defiant and angry, but poetic" chick music.
OK, I'm gonna try not to sound preachy on this. I don't mind when people tell me Happy Holidays rather than Merry Christmas. I won't be joining your petition to put Christ back in Christmas. To me, Happy Holidays from a person indicates that they're aware there are other holidays around this time of year for people who belong to other religions. And those who don't. It doesn't mean you love your particular Savior-of-Choice less, just that you know other people don't necessarily worship the same one, and you're tolerant and accepting of that. Want peace on Earth? Read your history books and figure that every.single.war. and event that involves opression, massacre, holocaust, and other world-not-at-peace activity was initiated by people who didn't tolerate that other people had different beliefs than theirs, and thought theirs were better. So, I will continue to wish you Happy Holidays, unless I know you celebrate Christmas, in which case, I'll wish you a Merry Christmas. If I see a menorah in your window, I'll wish you Happy Hannukah. If I know you're Wiccan, I'll toss a Happy Solstice card your way. But if I don't know, I won't make you feel excluded by wishing you my merry holiday. Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.
Besides, "Happy Holidays" takes less time to say than "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year." It's an efficiency issue as much as everything else.
To the makers of fruit salad......NO MORE MELON! I don't like melon, and everyone puts it in their fruit salad. I'd love to eat more fruit. I like most other fruits. But, man, find me one place, yes just one place, that doesn't put melon of any variety (water, musk, cantalopie, etc) in their fruit salad. Yet another presidential directive for when I get elected.
Christmas just isn't as magical when you're a single gal in her almost 40.
There. I said it. Almost 40. I'm OK with it, though. Who cares. I'll just be a day older.
Speaking of birthdays, Happy Birthday to Aaron C. Jarvis of Williamstown, West Virginia.
And Roberta Smith of Grand Rapids.
And Vicki DeVries of Greenville.
And a special birthday shout-out to my fellow co-founder of the Slurpee straw mafia, Lizzle. Who, no doubt, looks better with antlers.
OK, I've been laying on my heat massager thingie the last few weeks before I go to bed. Apparently, despite the fact that it shuts the massager off after a certain point in time, it also turns it back on in a rather violent pulsing motion after a certain amount of time. Which I just hit. Scared the bejeezus out of me.
I have to get up early tomorrow morning to go for a stress test. This is opposed to the everyday stress test that starts about 8:30ish and ends around 5:00 ish.
It's 3 months later. Conan is a little funnier, but not enough to make me watch on a regular basis.
I really don't want to see Avatar. Just doesn't appeal to me.
There are a bunch of movies I do want to see, however. Hopefully I can get to that this weekend.
Shopping done. Wrapping not. Where are thos eelves when you need them???
Off to take a shower and then study for my stress test. I can't get any wrong. If I fail this test, I'm in trouble....
I'm with you on the whole Holiday break thing... I'm just exhausted with zero PTO days left. (darn Scott for all his hospital stays this year!)
ReplyDeleteSing it sista! I'm with you. I don't believe I ever agreed to this whole adult thing. Paying bills sucks. Or rather, praying every month that I have the money to pay all my bills. That's the part that really sucks. And holidays alone? Yup. Not sure if that's worse that being with some jerk for the holidays who ruins everything or not. Sitting around in an apartment with a dog for company while everyone is celebrating with their families and KIDS is getting old. I'm getting old. And still no kids to spoil on Christmas. Well... Joey is there, but that's not exactly the same thing. And if one more person tells me that I need to try the motherhood thing some day or that it'll happen for me eventually... well... let's just say I wouldn't want to be that person. :-) Happy holidays to all of us single people who can drink and be merry without being married and having to come home like a responsible adult. Why do you think I bought a motorcycle? My nod to fun singlehood. Is that a word???
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Janell