Monday, November 23, 2009

Turkey Week Pukings

Wow! Can't believe it's been so long since my last post! What have I been doing? Well, nothing much if you really must know, except trying to figure out a way to get all the books and magazines in my house read. I'm such a paper whore....I gotta have it.

Know what really bugs me? When people say, "So-and-so died yesterday. Cause of death unknown." Really? Because I learned in like 6th grade science stations (thanks Ms. P!) that death occurs because the heart stops. Yep. It really is that simple. What they really should say is, "So-and-so died yesterday. An autopsy will be performed to determine what caused the heart to stop beating."

Same with airplane crashes. "Investigators will be brought in to determine the cause of the crash." Really? Because I learned in like 4th grade science all about gravity. Yep. I'm pretty sure, above all else, gravity is what caused the crash. The investigators should really be trying to determine why the plane was unable to successfully counteract the effects of gravity.

Speaking of planes, does anyone else get a little weirded out that those multi-ton, ginormous flying machines land on those four little trailer-sized tires? Yeah, me neither.

The more I think about surgery, the more excited I get. Welcome to life, Jean DeVries.

I do not like Christmas music. Here's why: it's really depressing. I mean, in one breath, someone is lauding it as "the most wonderful time of the year" and in the next breath someone is lamenting that they won't be home for Christmas. I find most of the songs depressing. Don't get me wrong. I like the concept of Christmas. I love the family time, giving gifts, the lights, the elfs, the food (oh heaven...the food!). I just don't like the songs.

Despite that I have absolutely nothing in common with any of them, I still love my book club girls.

Snow? What?

Tomorrow, my little brother is getting married. Have a marvy day, John! Can't wait to meet her!

Still looking for life's purpose. I found a whole bunch of places it isn't.

At the game on Saturday, in addition to sitting behind Vince Vaughn, I saw the Buckeye fans two rows up, who weren't in their assigned seats, offer to the Michigan fans who had those assigned seats $100 to leave. And they did. I have no patience for fans who sell out to Buckeyes. I have no patience for anything Buckeyes.

Hey! Everyone! Get out and spend money. Your school districts need it.

Better yet, contact your state representative and DEMAND that they get creative and think outside the box on school funding. NOW. They work for you, people, and it's time you started to hold them accountable.

Someone needs to elect me the mayor of Detroit, and have a bake sale so I can afford a bulldozer. There's absolutely NO REASON why Detroit can't be as cool as Chicago. Let's get cracking on that. It'll take more than a few casinos and Hockeytown. Like, maybe, a Crate & Barrel. Or a Cheesecake Factory. OOH! An American Girl Doll store. Yeah. That's the plan.

I have a big day at work tomorrow. Wish me luck.

On this day of Thanksgiving, give pause and thank the Native Americans. Without them, we wouldn't be here.

Why are commercials so stupid?

It's 45 minutes past my sister's bedtime and she's still up. She's gonna be tiiiiired.

I learned today that when your doctor asks if you've been having chest pains, the correct answer is not Yes. He then wants you to go do some sort of tests that involve ultrasounds and exercise.

I find it hard to believe I'm hungry again. What's up with that?

Drive safely mom & dad!

Good luck tomorrow Uncle Rick! Although, really, you don't need luck. You need skill. And technically, you don't need it. The doctor needs it. You just need to sleep. So, then, people should say, "Good sleep" when you go in for surgery. Wishing you luck seems rather pointless...you're not the one doing anything. Besides, wishing someone luck before they go into surgery is a bit disconcerting...it implies that you're doing something for which luck should be a factor. And having your body cut open and organs resized really isn't something for which luck should be a factor. So, "Good sleep" and "Good skill!".

Am I the only one completely sick of seeing Sarah Palin everywhere? Every time I turn around? Going rogue? Really? Exactly how did you do that? By running for Vice-President and not having a penis? Sorry sweetie...Geraldine Ferraro beat you to that. Speaking up on the campaign trail? How'd that work out for you? Moose hunting? I'm pretty sure there are bunches o' peeps who could write that same book then. Your 15 minutes were up a year ago. Now you're just hogging someone else's.

K. Nightynight time now. Sweet dreams, and Happy Turkey!

1 comment:

  1. Jean, I'm just catching up on your blog activity (which I love!). Laughing at many things, but especially "good skill" because it is what Larry demands that we say to each other, rather than "good luck" for your previously mentioned reasons. Applies to sports, etc. too. Happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete