Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Progress on My List, and A Short Lesson on Driving

First, when last we met, I promised you accountability for the following list. So, here's my progress report. Just like in high school, only I failed more on this one. I still get good marks for penmanship, and an S for "Pays attention in clsss" though.

1. Domestic Problems concert at Intersection - check. Good times. Great show.

2. Grotto meeting. Anyone wanna go? I don't wanna drive by myself. - check. Good times. Great friends. Lonely ride.

3. Get out my winter clothes so I don't freeze to death when it snows next week. Yeah. Not so much. Didn't make this one. Fail.

4. Put away my summer clothes so I don't get depressed looking at them. I can't even save some of them for the cruise...not going on one this year. Maybe I'll go somewhere warm anyway. - See #3

5. Clean my living room. Yes, AGAIN. - check. Although, technically, I just relocated the mess. Very glad that no one at the jewelry party on Monday night opened the door to the basement. Who knew all the crap that could fit on a stair step?

6. Buy large amounts of chocolate for my Jewelry Party on Monday night. - Done. Brownies, chocolate/peanut butter trifle, and cookies. Yum.

7. Go to the dollar store to get bins for GS troop starter kits, and trinkets for tutoring. - OMG! Who knew a Dollar Store was such a hotbed of absolute necessities, and all for only $1!

8. Eat candy corn. But just a few. Too many, and I export documents. (That's quad talk for barfing. My boss, a quadmate, is PG, so we can't use the words barf, vomit, throw up, blow chunks, projectile ralphing, or any other traditional verbiage. Instead, Matt made up the phrase "exporting documents." We all still know what it means, but for some reason, it doesn't make the boss gag.) - I didn't get a chance to eat any candy corn. Good thing.

9. Get keyboard cleaner and fix this sticky keyboard once and for all. - Didn't quite make that either. But the S sticking seems to have cleared up. Now it's the b that doesn't work.

10. Girl Scout stuff. - Since "stuff" is pretty vague, my answer will be too.

11. Sleep - Yep. Lots. But never enough.

12. Finish reading my book club book - Did that. Good book.


Now, on to a short lesson on driving. Which may end up as a long lesson on driving.

#1: GET THE HELL OUT OF THE LEFT LANE IF YOU'RE NOT PASSING ANYONE! This is a repeat lesson, so I shan't dwell.

#2: If you're going to drive on the freeway, at least do the speed limit. At the very least, do the minimum speed limit. Please. I beg of you. Otherwise, people who are going 65 are technically passing you, and therefore, technically in my way in the passing lane.

#3: Just because you SEE a cop, doesn't mean you have to slow down to 15 miles an hour below the speed limit. You can still go 70. No excessive, sudden braking necessary. They can't pull you over if you're not doing anything wrong. This ain't China, or wherever it is where they do that.

#4: If a cop has someone pulled over already, you don't have to slow down at all. HE'S BUSY PEOPLE!

#5: Just because you can talk and drive at the same time, doesn't mean you should.

#6: When you're in the right lane on M-6, and you're getting off at the East Beltline, and you choose the right hand exit lane, you ARE NOT allowed to change into the left lane until the little liney things in the middle are dotted. NO LANE CHANGING ACROSS A SOLID WHITE LINE.

Seriously, fellow commuters, this is Driving 101.

Learn it, live it, love it.

3 comments:

  1. Actually you are wrong on #4. It's the law if an emergency vehicle is on the side of the road, you must move over, and if you can't move over, you must slow down. If I'm not mistaken the law was passed and in force about 7 almost 8 years ago. Now do I think someone should slow down to 15 mph on the freeway? no! But I'm sure the law says something to the effect of safely slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not if they've got someone pulled over on the OTHER side of the freeway :)

    ReplyDelete