Thursday, October 8, 2009

No More Pondering....It's Depressing

Howdy all 4 of you who follow my daily drivel.....


I think in the blood battle of synthetic hormones v. Prozac, the Prozac has now gotten the upper hand. While I still ponder the reason for my existence, it doesn't make me so sad anymore.


Plus, I have found hope. In the last week, I have visited two different weight loss centers. After careful consideration, I believe I have chosen the one that will work best for me. Now I just have to decide when to start. Since it's total liquid diet, and since some of the best eating months are coming up, I don't want to set myself up to fail by starting now. But at the same time, if I don't start now, it's only going to get worse. Oh well. I'll start tomorrow. I've always started every diet I've been on tomorrow. :)


On that subject, today when I got to work, all of my quadmates were wearing striped shirts. Another coworker was standing there. Someone remarked that I must not have gotten the memo since I wasn't wearing stripes. I said, as I always would, "I'm a fat girl. Fat girls don't wear stripes."


My co-worker told me I should stop disparaging myself. I laughed it off, as I'm wont to do, but that statement stuck in my widdle ole' brain for the rest of the day. Here's why:


First off, I was stating facts. I am fat. Fat people don't wear stripes. (Horizontal ones, at least. I'm not aware of any rules forbidding voluptuous girls from uppie downie stripes. But I haven't read Cosmo in a while....)


Secondly, if you think someone is disparaging themselves, it means that you think they are bringing reproach or depreciating themselves. And you can only do that if you think that what they are belittling themselves about is something worthy of being belittled for.


Get it? OK, maybe I didn't explain that right.


Examples? If, for example, you wouldn't say "stop disparaging yourself" if someone said, "I'm tall. Tall people don't wear stripes." Because being tall isn't something that is considered a negative. You would only say something like that to someone if you thought being tall was a bad thing. Otherwise you'd say "Stop complimenting yourself."


My quadmates told me I was reading too much into it. But I'm tired of fat being a bad thing. The superficiality. Oh! The inhumanity!


I find myself doing a lot more deep thinking lately. Or at least trying. I'm pretty sure 6 rounds of anesthetic in 2 years has to bug up a brain somehow. I feel way stoopider than usual. And the s key on my keyboard is sticking, so if I'm missing one, it's because ring finger has apparently lost some of it's strength. But I digress.


Whilst on this deep thinking journey, I'm seeking one thing above all:









Good luck to me.






On another front, I only wish I was badass enough to get away with this. I think it's cool.


















I got the rest of my income tax refund from the state. Apparently, despite the fact that I paid the property tax bill, and I had the piece of paper saying how much said property tax bill was, the state somehow seemed to think my knowledge and sacrifice was, well, wrong. So they shorted me almost $600 on my refund. 7 months ago.

Now mind you, had I shorted my check to them by $600 7 months ago, do you think I could just send it whenever I wanted to for the same amount, interest free, with nary an apology? Nyet, I say. Yet, apparently when you're a large, inefficient, untrusting, and mostly broke state government, you scoff at the very concept of adding interest to the payments to people for whom you have lovingly babysat money for 7 long months. Perhaps I'll call them tomorrow and demand interest, just for some Friday afternoon entertainment.

Because I'm a firm believer in accountability, I will share my weekend to do list with you. This will inspire me to actually get it done, knowing that you, my faithful reader, will be waiting, expecting ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss (stoopid thing is sticking again) a report. I shall not disappoint you, I promise. So, without further ado, here it is:

1. Domestic Problems concert at Intersection

2. Grotto meeting. Anyone wanna go? I don't wanna drive by myself.

3. Get out my winter clothes so I don't freeze to death when it snows next week.

4. Put away my summer clothes so I don't get depressed looking at them. I can't even save some of them for the cruise...not going on one this year. Maybe I'll go somewhere warm anyway.

5. Clean my living room. Yes, AGAIN.

6. Buy large amounts of chocolate for my Jewelry Party on Monday night.

7. Go to the dollar store to get bins for GS troop starter kits, and trinkets for tutoring.

8. Eat candy corn. But just a few. Too many, and I export documents. (That's quad talk for barfing. My boss, a quadmate, is PG, so we can't use the words barf, vomit, throw up, blow chunks, projectile ralphing, or any other traditional verbiage. Instead, Matt made up the phrase "exporting documents." We all still know what it means, but for some reason, it doesn't make the boss gag.)

9. Get keyboard cleaner and fix this sticky keyboard once and for all.

10. Girl Scout stuff.

11. Sleep

12. Finish reading my book club book

Happy Friday all!

Happy Friday all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure there are more than 4 that read you. I read you, but never sign in, because that would take entirely too much effort.

    Susan~

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should sign in??? What??? Even while trying to post this... I don't know what most of the things are to post under. Guess I'll go with anonymous.


    Janell

    ReplyDelete