Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Brain Dump So I Can Sleep

Really, I think I do these right before I go to bed to clear my head so I can sleep. So here goes another edition of Brain Vomit:

1. The high school quarterback needs to vaca from Alaska again because my social life has suffered since he left.

2. Apparently incomptence is OK when you work at a non-profit agency.

3. My sister and I are having a Halloween party. I'm afraid no one will show up. "Oh look, dear, those nice lesbians are having a party. I wonder what lesbians dress up for for Halloween?"

4. I'm going to the dermatologist tomorrow morning.

5. There's nothing really exciting about that statement, I just ran out of things to say.

6. I'm thinking I might try Optifast. But what happens when you start eating again? And I'm a person who has to chew. What then?

7. I should just get the surgery and get it over with. I'm scared to alter an important organ though.

8. Sometimes, when I really think about it, I miss the life I thought I was going to have.

9. When you're 39, unmarried, and don't have any kids, you don't have much in common with anyone. The world is a lonely place.

10. My sister is the bomb. She helped me put up my new blinds tonight. And by helped, I mean did it for me.

11. Good thing, otherwise I would still be there in the morning, cursing out mini-blinds, windows, and whoever invented chocolate.

12. Unrelated, but still true.

13. I can't decide if Conan is funny or not. I'm leaning towards not.

14. Some days I can't believe this is my life.

15. Sometimes that's in a good way, and sometimes it's not.

16. My space bar is wonky.

17. I wish Facebook had little dots in the left hand corner to tell me which server I was on, so that when it goes all janky I can know whether signing off and signing back on gets me to a new server. (Inside joke for my STAR Help Desk friends.)

18. My tat is starting to itch like a mofo.

19. It's still pretty though. And apparently no short term memory isn't a bad thing, because I've already forgotten how much it hurt and am looking forward to getting my next one. The next one will be somewhere with more body fat. So, in other words, look for my next tattoo anywhere but my forehead.

20. 4-year olds are really cute when they play soccer in a mob.

21. Speaking of mobs, the Oprah Dance Mob thingie was really cool. If you didn't see it, check out YouTube or on oprah.com

22. As much as I don't like saying goodbye to summer, I love cold fall nights where I can curl up in my warm jammies.

23. Dick Cheney is the evil scourge of the earth.

24. I need me some San Chez.

25. I heart SanChez.

26. I'm not sure what they've done with DiNozzo's hair this year, but I don't like it.

27. Speaking of hair, when are rat tails going to come back in fashion?

28. GO TIGERS!

29. GO BLUE!

30. GO FISH!

31. Even though he's not funny, I usually like Conan's tie choices.

32. More men need to wear ties, methinks.

33. I feel like going on a cruise. Anyone wanna go with me? I'll let you pay.

34. I want to put bunk beds in my room just for the hell of it. I'll sleep on the bottom when I'm scared, and on the top when I'm feeling adventurous.

35. When I do that, I'll also put glow in the dark stars on my ceiling.

36. Screw that...maybe I'll put those on my ceiling anyway.

37. I haven't gotten used to the fact that I can put stars on my ceiling...it's my ceiling after all. I can paint he walls. I can do whatever I want.

38. I've got a hankerin' for change. Like new wall colors.

39. I'm hooorrrrrrriiiiiibbbbbbbllllllllleee at decorating.

40. I don't get the Office. Of course, I've never watched it. That may help my comprehension issue with the show.

41. Friday night looks like a movie marathon night. Who's in?????

42. I'm planning on Jimmy John's for lunch tomorrow, I think. Or maybe Wednesday.

43. I had an avocado for dinner. It was yummy. I heart avocados.

44. I also had some turkey sausage links. Don't ask.

45. I never understood Seinfeld either. Everyone I know thinks I would think it was funny, but I never did.

46. The Simpsons? Hys-freaking-terical.

47. I'm done. My brain is empty.

6 comments:

  1. #3 - That made me laugh...which made me cough. I probably shouldn't be reading this blog while I'm sick.

    #13 - He's not.

    #25 - Me too!

    #34-35 - Then you'd have the same decorating scheme as Micah's room! :-)

    #40 - Tried to watch a rerun tonight. I sat here and wondered if I was the only one who didn't get it...then I read this. Weird! At least I'm not alone.

    #42 - Wait - isn't tomorrow Wednesday??

    #45, 46, 46 - agree, agree, and agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your stuff jean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 - Apparently incompetency is okay at a lot of places, non-profit or not. Go into any retail store...

    #3 - I would love to come to your party - but do you really want your 57 yr.old aunt there?

    #6&7 - Never heard back from you on my offer to do WW with me. You should give it a try, it's not that hard.

    #8&9 - The old cliche "It's never too late to change". Well? You are only 39...get off your keester and do something about it! You could have a whole career doing just what you're doing now - writing. Check it out - you might be surprised at what doors open up for you. TAKE A CHANCE!

    #10 - Your sis IS the bomb. You are right.:)

    #13 - Can't stand Conan's hair. What is that all about? and when he talks he always claps his hands together. Very annoying.....

    #20 - All little kids are cute - especially when they are not yours and not being naughty. Most naughty kids are not too cute.

    #22 - I have at least 10 more days of summer left! I should live where it is always summer - some South Seas island would do for me.

    #24&25 -I love San Chez' white sangria. Bet I could drink a whole pitcher by myself. Yum!

    #26 - I heart NCIS

    #30 - Go fish! but I was always partial to Old Maid...

    #34 - Before you do the bunk bed thing, try it out with Bubba & Duke.

    #37 - I put stars on Ian's ceiling once, it was textured and damn hard to get off when we redecorated. think about that one!

    #41 - Friday night? sorry on my way to 10 more days of summer....

    #42&43 - had both last week.

    Didn't realize I had so much to say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. #6- A friend of mine did MediFast. He got to chew real food and lost at least one 'Nicole Richie'.
    -Tracy H

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Pat M. The stuff you write is hysterical. You just made my day. Your writing is a little Erma Bombeckish and it's great!!! Love the honesty, you have a gift.
    Ruth C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Jean:

    The quaterback won't be back until this winter but I'm sure he'll call you when the plans are made. I believe the gin and tonics will be flowing. I have to say I was laughing out loud at 1245 am when I read #3. As for Seinfeld it was only occasionally funny and Kramers character was just stupid. Keep up the hilarity!
    Love ya #17

    ReplyDelete