Monday, February 15, 2010

Olympics Observations

1. Chris Collingsworth needs to lay off the Botox. Like Now.

2. Come to think of it, he needs to relax everything. He reminds me of Robby the Olympic Announcer Robot

3. Figure skating would be more interesting if they skated to say, Metallica or Snoop Dogg.

4. MORE CURLING!

5. I haven't watched the Opening Ceremonies yet. What did I miss?

6. OK, back to Chris Collingsworth. Is this guy a Buckeye? What's the the sweater vest and cordoroy-looking blazer? Did the airlines lose his luggage?

7. I think snowboard racing is cool.

8. I also know I'm not cool because I don't know snowboard racing's real name.

9. Dick Button - better dressed, and not a Botox covered wrinkle to be found.

10. Bob Costas - too much makeup.

11. Kinda bummed...my sister's TV is better than mine, so her Olympics look better than mine.

12. I also love love love ski jumping. There's a sport that takes some ginormous balls... Hurling yourself off a giant platform and landing like a bajillion feet away from way high up. Cool.

13. MORE CURLING!

14. Once again, skaters, throw on some FloRida, or some Slipknot. Liven the dump up!

15. Dontcha wonder what host cities do with all those facilities once the Olympics are gone?

16. While we're on the subject of people who need to shut up, skating announcers need to 1 - stop talking, and 2 - stop taking the sport so seriously.

17. And really, what is the purpose of having men skate in those tight pants that show off their 'nads? I saw The Cutting Edge (god help me) - they can skate in jeans. Throw those Levi's in the Bedazzler and be comfortable dammit!

18. Nevermind. The German guy just bent over in front of the camera. Keep the 'nad bustin' pants.

19. I WANT MY CURLING!

20. Maybe I'll get to watch it this week while I'm recovering. Let's hope.

9.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the whole Collinsworth thing. Wasn't he a football player, and not a great one at that (overrated). I can't stand him as a football announcer, he is even worse at the Olympics.

    Speaking of hockey, it is a shame they no longer use the amateurs to represent each country. Using the pros is like one long all star game, which are never any good either. Right Chris?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, babe!

    #3/14: Different skating competitions have different rules regarding music. In the Olympics, lyrics are not allowed. Additionally, broadcast rights must be taken into account.

    #4/13/19: A friend of mine is on a curling league! She's a member of the Detroit Curling Club (the oldest curling club in America), and is on their women's social league. Curling reminds me of my grandmother, because it's the one sport she'd watch. And being where we are geographically, it's on more often than other parts of the country, since we get CBC (Canadian TV).

    ReplyDelete