Tonight, I got a tattoo. I've wanted one forever, but never knew what I wanted.
I finally decided.
I know you're tired of hearing about it, so after tonight, I'll stop harping on it.
I know losing weight is going to be an uphill battle. It will test my mettle, my resolve, my willpower, and everything else. I don't even know what mettle is, but I'm sure it will be tested.
This is not the first time I've faced an uphill battle. 21 long years ago, I entered an institution of higher learning. I was out of my element academically, financially, and socially. I missed my family, my home, my friends. It was hard. I was challenged. I cried. I called and begged to be picked up. I failed once or twice. I learned the hard way that life isn't as easy.
I sucked it up. I persevered. I drew on strength reserves I didn't even know I had. I toughened up mentally. I went beyond my comfort zone. I challenged myself and my resolve and fought the will to quit every day.
And because of it, I have a degree from one of the top universities in the country.
No matter what I ever do, where I go, or what I make of myself afterwards, I will always have that piece of paper that said that I was capable of being stronger than my weaknesses.
And now I have a tattoo on my leg to remind myself of that.
I'm gonna need that......
No comments:
Post a Comment